RARE Scyliorhinus Shark from Lebanon
1 in stock
- Specimen: Scyliorhinus sp.
- The abundant cretaceous fossil beds of Lebanon are second only to the famed Green River formation in producing such a fine diversity of fossil fish. The cartilaginous skeleton of the shark makes
it particularly rare in the fossil record. The present specimen boasts a fine well-defined outline, highlighted by the preserved spine that stretches the length of the body.
- Geological period: Cretaceous Age: 90 Million years
- Origin: Aioula, Lebanon
- Dimensions with base: 55” L x 16” D x 42” H
- Slab/Matrix: 54” L x 36” H
- Shark: 36” L x 9” H